Apparently it’s been nearly four years since I wrote anything here. What have I been up to for four years?
- Watching the baby evolve into a preschooler
- Moving halfway across the country for a job in Seattle
- Watching the middle schooler evolve into a high schooler
- Enjoying craft beer and cider culture in the Pacific Northwest
- Putting doll clothes back on dolls that the preschooler undressed
- Sampling some local bourbon
- Learning a bit of Spanish from Dora and Diego
- Enjoying some Caribbean rum
- Trying to stay sane in the middle of day-to-day crazy
- Watching the country devolve into a sometimes ridiculous, sometimes frightening parody of a functioning democracy
You know… same old, same old.
With your permission – or without it, because this is my digital space and I’ll do what I want with it – I’m going to start brain dumping here some things that are tough to get across on Facebook and Twitter. I’ll still try to talk about alcohol, but I can’t promise that’s all I’m going to talk about.
But right now I’m being summoned to refill someone’s apple juice.